Your initial visit will consist of a complete in-depth medical and dental history, diagnostic photographs and a thorough oral examination to measure for bone loss, mobile teeth, bite, oral cancer screening, TMJ, and other signs of periodontal disease.
In simple cases we will discuss our findings, the treatment recommended and the alternatives at the end of the visit. More complex cases may require you to come back for a case presentation (consultation) after the doctor has developed your treatment plan and discussed treatment recommendations with your dentist(s). This visit is no charge to you and can be done on the phone or in our office, depending on the complexity of your case.
Please assist us at the time of your initial visit to the office by providing the following information:
- The surgical referral slip from your dentist
- Your Patient Information form
- Your dental insurance information
- Notification of a medical condition — heart murmur, history of rheumatic fever, diabetes, high blood pressure or any artificial heart valve or joint – and/or are taking medication for your heart, Coumadin, steroids, aspirin, or anticoagulant therapy.
- Please bring a copy of all medications that you are currently taking. (including over the counter vitamins and/or supplements)
Please Note: All patients under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at the first appointment.